The Extraordinary Life


Photo Credit - anordinarygirlwithanextraordinarylife.blogspot.com

My name is Diana. I was born on the 7th of February 1997. I was born seven months premature and as soon as I was born, I had breathing difficulties. The doctor or nurse told my parents I could not breathe but they said they would give me three days and if I did not breathe or be able to revive in those three days, then, unfortunately, that’s it. Nevertheless, I was a fighter and fortunately, I started breathing on the third day and this was all because of the Almighty, my beloved mother and family. Yet still, my legs were very similar to penguin legs and my head was too big, but my mother massaged my legs day and night as well as gave medicine to me for my head so it can be a normal-sized head. She did this despite being sick (asthma) herself. Thus, today if I’m walking with legs that are straight and no longer like a penguin and have an average-sized head it is all thanks to my loving and exceptional strong mother. I love her dearly; she has done a lot for me which I’m forever grateful for and shall never forget despite her being ill.

I’m a confident, bubbly individual with a strong mindset, positive attitude and a loving soul who just wants the best in life and to be able to leave behind an inspirational legacy on a global standard. I’m immensely passionate about acting and journalism, especially feature writing, broadcasting and editing. Additionally, I enjoy reading novels and watching movies, mainly Bollywood and maybe Afghani and Hollywood. I’m blessed with two older siblings - both brothers. They both are blessed with normal appearances unlike myself. I’ve done all my schooling and education in the historical yet beautiful city of London. From Infant (Wembley Infant School) to University – London College of Communication Aka University of the Arts London and now a journalism graduate with experience. Although at first teachers were reluctant to provide me with a normal education as they believed I was going to be a danger to the pupils due to my physical appearance. They thought a special needs school was a better place for me instead. Nevertheless, my mum fought for me. She informed them that I'm simply short but yet mentally stable and once they observed that with their own eyes I was enrolled in a normal educational system after all. Throughout my educational years, I’ve been fortunate with fine understanding friends who have accepted my uniqueness and have just been supportive as well as friendly and caring.

I was born with Achondroplasia. It means I have a short posture – below average. I don’t mind being that way because I have been gifted with a lot more greatness in life. Although it used to occasionally get to me and can be tough to live with. Yet still, I have always been strong and learned to live with it. At the same time, I'm still very capable of doing almost anything and lead an ordinary life.  People in the street just stare at me and even ask about my unique appearance. I don’t mind when they do such things as they are bound to ask since it’s rare to see people with this kind of appearance. To those who have Achondroplasia or any kind of uniqueness that gets acknowledged as being different from the world and involves being faced with hardships at times. I would like to just say be strong, don’t give up; you can be anything you want in the future, enjoy your life, NEVER lose hope and keep smiling. 😉  

 
 
What do you want to do ?
New mail



 




















What do you want to do ?
New mail
What do you want to do ?
New mail
What do you want to do ?
New mail
What do you want to do ?
New mail

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Misinterpreted Image of a Larger than Life Legend

The Taliban Government in a New Era But the Same Old Mindset!

Wembley Stadium - UEFA EURO 2020 ⚽