Angelina's Nightmare - Alone & Helpless...


I'm Angelina. I'm 18 years old. A damaged and fragile 18-year-old whose life changed two years ago. I was at my house in Wembley, and it was nighttime. I was home all by myself since my parents went out to attend a funeral. I was eagerly waiting for them to return as I was scared to be left alone in a grand house during the late hours of the night. 

As I was waiting, I started to get very sleepy - my body felt exhausted. So, I closed my eyes and wrapped myself in a cosy blanket and dozed off to sleep. Half an hour later, I woke up to the sound of the doorbell. I presumed it was my parents, so I immediately got up and hurried down the stairs with relief. However, when I got to the door and opened it, there was no one there.

I swiftly shut the door and began panicking and, my breathing got heavier.  I was petrified. My heart was beating rapidly to the point where I thought it would just stop and I would die. My blood was rushing, and my teeth stuttered, causing my body to shake. I hurried to the living room to get the house phone and call my parents or the police. My hands trembled as I tried to dial a number. The first call was to my parents, but there was no answer. I got even more worried and tense. I felt alone, defenceless and desperate for help.


After a while, I decided to call the police, but before I could do that the phone rang, thinking it was my parents so, I answered it. Nonetheless, it was not my parents but an unknown individual with a creepy voice. He said, "You are alone...right, my dear?"  After those words, I immediately froze out of fear and then disconnected the call and, this time, tried desperately to call the police.  

As I was dialling, I heard the letterbox gradually open and, something came through. I put the phone down, slowly walked to the front door and saw a scrunched up paper. I picked it up and, inside it, it read, "Be afraid, very afraid...!          
*Fictional Story

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This World (Dunya) is Nothing But A Beautiful Lie...💔💔📿

The Misinterpreted Image of a Larger than Life Legend

2020: Kabul University & Afghan Journalists

The Only Place...Afghanistan