Wembley Stadium - UEFA EURO 2020 ⚽

The year is 2019, almost a year since I graduated from University. As usual, I was trying to find an exciting, fun and, relevant job - ideally a paid position. In the meantime, I was working with Legends Report - an inspirational online Magazine mainly based on inspirational legends. I had been with them for a while, and as it was an unpaid role, I kept seeking a paid one in the process.

That's when I came across a job that would boost my confidence even further, transform my perception of myself, the daily challenges and the slight fears which I've had about the employment industry or life overall. This job somehow gave me the reassurance I was searching for after graduation.

It expanded my network, and I got to meet pleasant individuals, beginning with the management team to the interviewer scouts - all was an absolute delight. They made me feel welcomed and involved. Initially, though, I was slightly hesitant in conducting the role, but after a few discussions with the management team and my own observations, I found it to be the best role I've ever had until date! It's something I ideally want to do in the future, so this was the perfect practice run to acknowledge my capabilities and people's take on me.

Moreover,  during the interview process, some applicants were taken back by my presence that towards the end of the interview, they were eager to ask me personal questions and get to know me further. They would ask me, 'How I am finding the role of an Interviewer Scout', my age and 'what I studied in University etc. I'm not going to lie - I was dead flattered to know I captivate people with my presence, and they find me quite fascinating. Such an honour!! It increased my self-confidence and reassured me that people accept me and my uniqueness - without making me feel inferior to anyone else. Their responses or reactions encouraged me to embrace myself even more as an individual and realize 'being me' can be fun and inspirational!


Anyhow, aside from being accepted as an individual, the other things that were great about being part of the UEFA EURO 2020 event as an interviewer were the management team's hospitality - constantly being stuffed with food and treating me like royalty! It felt awesome. Not forgetting about being privileged with VIP access to one of the biggest stadiums in London - our lounge and my desk being near the window with a clear view of the football pitch, it all was pretty cool and modern.

The final part of this memorable experience was the gathering aka 'Thank you' party - which I attended - based in BOXPARK Wembley. Again, a great occasion, getting the chance to meet the entire team and have a final proper meet & greet - a great way to end a splendid journey. I've learned a lot from this opportunity, met some awesome and inspirational people. It also taught me useful life lessons to motivate me even more in life. Above all, it was extremely local - a hop & skip kind of distance. 😉  




What do you want to do ?
New mail
What do you want to do ?
New mail

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Struggles of a Graduate...

The Misinterpreted Image of a Larger than Life Legend

How Street Art has Affected an Area

Covid 19: A Period of Uncertainty & Isolation - March 2020 - July 2020

Induction Week - 2015