The Misinterpreted Image of a Larger than Life Legend


I've made discoveries & researched on a variety of matters, particularly on people for some time now. To be precise, it began in 2009 with Micheal Jackson.  I get intrigued or fascinated about someone or something then I start investigating or researching in great depth. Anyhow, no one has up until now fascinated or surprised me more than a well-known and highly admired rapper aka actor. 

Unfortunately, he is no longer with us, yet he is still very much relevant and current even to this day! Before now, I would often hear his name and a bit about him. I guess the basic stuff, him being a well-established rapper, dearly loved, his iconic styles and conspiracy theories on him 'faking' his death (something that has spun about for ages).

So as mentioned I only knew, the basics about this legend - nothing more, nothing less. However, recently, I decided to know more about this highly controversial yet gifted human being. I've always sensed there was something more to this celebrity than meets the eye. Mind you, I never perceived him as someone negative, horrid or vile - a portrayal the media kept painting about him. I just felt there is something different and unique about him.

Therefore, I started watching footage based on him, especially interviews - one after the other. The more I watched, the more my curiosity deepened. To be sincerely honest; I never thought too highly of rappers in general, particularly with the kind of image they had in society, but this young artist was something else.



He had in-depth knowledge, intelligence and wisdom. Yes, he was controversial, outspoken and bold. Nevertheless, he was also sharp, articulate and wise beyond his years.
After doing excessive amounts of research and information gathering, I figured he was someone complicated - misunderstood - troubled - misinterpreted - sensitive who despite everything had a heart and was far from what the media tried to convey. I felt I could relate and empathise with him in many ways, including his situations and endless problems. 

I could go on, but I'm just going to end it by saying 'with certain people or situations there is more to them than meets the eye' and Tupac Amaru Shakur could be defined in that way when people only judge him on what is shown on the media or without knowing the entire story.  

If you look beyond, you may find the mega-star as someone fascinating - gifted and relatable. A voice for the oppressed that spoke fearlessly on issues many would hesitate to discuss - an individual with compassion and social awareness.

Eventually, I began to understand why his legacy is legendary, why he is still very much one of the most talked-about artists - who inspired many others within the music industry and why the world is obsessed with the idea of his demise being faked. 


What do you want to do ?
New mail

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Struggles of a Graduate...

How Street Art has Affected an Area

Covid 19: A Period of Uncertainty & Isolation - March 2020 - July 2020

Induction Week - 2015